MONCTON, N.B. – The RCMP says three of its officers were killed in Moncton by a man armed with guns and two other officers were injured as the Mounties conducted a manhunt across the city’s north end on Wednesday night for the shooter.
The RCMP tweeted that three of its officers had been “mortally wounded” and police spokesman Paul Greene confirmed that they are dead.
Greene says the two RCMP officers who were taken to hospital suffered non life-threatening injuries.
Police are warning residents in the Moncton Coliseum and Pinehurst Subdivision areas to stay inside and keep their doors locked.
They are also telling motorists to stay away from the area.