MONCTON, N.B. – Worksafe NB is now investigating a second possible case of carbon monoxide poisoning at a business in the province.

Yesterday, eleven employees working in a potato shed in New Denmark were sent to hospital complaining of headaches and nausea.

That same day 35 workers at Sunny Corner Enterprises in Miramichi were taken to hospital suffering from the same symptoms.

Moncton Deputy Fire Chief Don McCabe says they tend to see more of these cases in the winter when temperatures drop.

“All buildings are closed up tighter obviously because of the extreme cold.  The production of heat in your house is greater.  So, the more wood going into the wood stove and being turned down at night could produce more carbon monoxide.  And just the fact of the demand you have on your heating systems.”

The cause of both incidents isn’t yet known.

No one was seriously injured in either case.