MONCTON, N.B. – A lawyer representing nine New Brunswick processing plants says no demonstrations have been reported at the facilities after an injunction was ordered against protesting fishermen.

Moncton-based lawyer Ronald LeBlanc says the processing plants hope ongoing negotiations will resolve a dispute over the import of cheaper American lobsters.

The plants reopened today after a judge granted a 10-day injunction yesterday to prevent fishermen from blocking the processing sites.

Tensions over lobster prices in the province came to a head last week, when fishermen held demonstrations in Cap-Pele and Shediac and trucks were blocked from delivering Maine lobsters to three processors.

Last Friday, lobster processors in the province agreed to pay a minimum of $2.50 per pound for processed lobster and $3 per pound for live market lobster.

But the Maritime Fishermen’s Union says fishermen need $4 per pound for both fresh and processed lobster just to break even.

Officials with the union are expected to meet today with federal Fisheries Minister Keith Ashfield.

LeBlanc says the processing plants haven’t ruled out asking for an extension of the injunction if they think that’s necessary.